Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Alternative Fall Colors? Check your collection!

Do you ever look at all the new polishes coming out for a season or holiday and say to yourself, "WOW! I'd like to have that! if only I wasn't strapped for money!" I do it all the time! I decided instead to look to my collections for fall-ish colors I already might have. I am a polish hoarder! I have well over 700 polishes and many of them are untried polishes. My Zoya collection is no different. I have over 100 Zoya polishes. I love the colors and finishes of them so much. I decided on three different colors from my Zoya collection that I thought definitely suited the fall season. For me fall is warm colors that represent warm fires in the fireplace, Halloween, and Thanksgiving.

First off is Zoya "Evageline". It is described on the Zoya page as, " A deep rose-pink shimmer with slight gold duochrome and flecks of gold microglitter. An elegant, romantic shade that's always appropriate. " In the bottle to me it looks more brownish-rose colored. On the nail it look brownish rose as well, but does have some hints of pink. I really think the gold shimmer is what gives it the brownish color. The photos I took though just would not show the brown tones.

 


The second polish I pulled from my Zoya collection that in my opinion was a fall color was Zoya "Anastasia". What I did not realize at the time is that Anastasia doesn't seem to be available on the Zoya site anymore. I would describe it as a shimmery metallic brown. I loved this color on me, and I usually hate browns. I think this color is warm and represents the fall season very well.

 
Lastly, I have Zoya "Charity". This polish is described by Zoya as, "A faded mauve-purple with copper colored duochrome shimmer. A soft shade for poetic nails. " While I did not get much "duochrome" effect with this polish, I did find the copper color shimmer was very visible and pretty. I did not however care for the color on my skin tone at all.
 
 
 
You can purchase Zoya Nail Polish HERE .
 


These polishes were not provided for me to review or swatch. These are polishes from my own stash, that I paid for. The opinions within are my own.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment