Sunday, May 11, 2014

Decisions, Decisions! My April Favorite Picks

Howdy and Happy Mother's Day!!! I hope all of you are having a fabulous day!

My husband was gone out of town for the first time since the military, and I struggled through. When he returned I was stuck like glue to him for the week and took a break from blogging. Before I disappeared, I had started a blog post about my April favorite things and I am finishing it for you today.

Let's start with China Glaze brights and neons!!! I fell in love with these polishes all over again this month. They are perfect for nail art and summer colors. A couple of them are matte or sheer, which is a pain in the butt, however, some white underneath fixes that issue.

 
 
 
Next up, we have water marbling! I love water marbles, and not just for the look. The challenge and the fact it takes me awhile to complete the mani with concentration helps me focus on something else besides life. It is one way I love to relax. I hadn't done one in awhile, and in April, I did a ton of them! My favorite polishes and colors to marble with are Sally Hansen Xtreme polishes.
 
 
 
Next up, I ordered some nail vinyls in April. OMG!!! Such a fun way to change the look of your mani. If you paint a solid color one day and want to add some pizazz the next, these things are fantastic!!
 
 
So, in April I fell in love with green polish. I used to loathe green. I don't even know why, but I always felt green was such an ugly color for polish. Now, I find myself buying all the greens! :P (Also see above mani!) Some of my favorite greens in April were:
 
Lilypad Lacquer Frogs Alive
Lilypad Lacquer Slimy Limey
Colors by Llarowe Mojito
Colors by Llarowe Young Grasshoppa
 
 
 
I had what seemed like a ton of broken nails this April. The seasons are changing and I think because my nail beds are so dry, they are just breaking off. Orly Nail Repair has come to my rescue all of those times.
 
 
In March, I received a wonderful RAOK package from a friend, Jamie. She included this fantastic bottle holder in my package. It is great when the amount of polish gets low in the bottle. I can tilt the bottle and reach the hard to reach stuffs at the bottom of the bottle. I used it ALL THE TIME in April.
 
 
Finally, I am a snacker while I paint  my nails. This month, I was walking through Wal-Mart when I came across mini Starbursts. Let me just say not only are they adorable, but they are scrumptious!!! This is my April favorite snack!
 
 
Did you discover anything in April that you fell in love with? These items will continue to be on my favorites list through May. Tell me about some of your new discoveries. I might fall in love with something you love!
 
Until next time~
Jenn
 
 
 
 

2 comments:

  1. I love that top manicure, so bright and pretty! Although I have to say, I find water marbling anything but relaxing lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooooove Starbust minis! I bough a sharing size bag last week...and ate them all myself.

    ReplyDelete